Code Red Emergency Notification Enrollment

Land Development Ordinance Revisions

To view the revised ordinance (changes in red, 12/2013),




Private Developments and Family Subdivisions

In private developments, the streets typically are not accepted for maintenance by the Parish. In such cases, streets must still be built to the Parish standards. On the other hand, family subdivisions are designed to accommodate families living on large tracts of land (perhaps a farm) and therefore the street may be surfaced in aggregate. However, the Parish would not accept such a street for maintenance unless it was brought up to the Parish standard.

Some private developments have gated entrances. The Parish will require a special arrangement with the developer in order to ensure quick and adequate entrance and exit through such gates for emergency vehicles.

Homeowners Association and/or bonds will be required in order to assure there is a means to maintain shared infrastructure well into the future since this will not be done by a public body.  

The Parish’s public waste carrier will not travel on private streets so the developer will have to document arrangements have been made for waste collection.



Manufactured /Mobile Home Parks or Communities


Manufactured or mobile home parks or communities are held under a single owner, partnership or corporation for the purpose of leasing space for the placement of manufactured or mobile homes. These are very similar to private subdivisions, but the land is never sold, it is only rented or leased. In such developments, there is usually an internal road system. This road must have a minimum ROW of 40ft. but may have an aggregate surface. Street lighting, private sewage treatment system that is screened from the public’s view, waste collection with dumpsters, proper utilities, and fire extinguishing equipment are all required. Fire Hydrants may be required.


Spaces for the manufactured/mobile home must be at least 5,000 sq. ft., have a minimum width of 50 ft., have 2 off-street parking spaces, front on the internal or public road, and have appropriate concrete footing and sufficient space for homes. The owner will be required to provide a fence of vegetative buffer around the property and keep a record of mobile home occupants.


Set- backs for individual homes are similar to structures on private individual lots: 20 ft. from the street right-of-way; 8 ft. per side and 10 ft. from rear.